As much as you love and understand the young people in your life, one fact remains certain: Tracking down the best gifts for teen boys—and presents for teenagers in general—is not an easy task. Just like when you were in your teen years, kids these days have their own language, interests, and culture. (Example: What the hell does “rizz” mean, and why do I keep hearing it?) We’re here to make it seem like you have your finger on the pulse, even if you’re still unsure what TikTok is.
Our top picks
- Best Overall: Ugg Neumel Chukka Boots, $140
- Best on Amazon: TMY Projector Set, $66
- Best for Gamers: Homall Gaming Chair, $100
- Best for 13-Year-Olds: Govee RGBIC LED Strip Light, $15
- Best for 14-Year-Olds: SunTime Star Projector, $35
- Best for 15-Year-Olds: Treywell Indoor Basketball Hoop, $33
- Best for 16-Year-Olds: Apple AirPods Pro (2nd Generation), $219
- Best for 17-Year-Olds: Yogibo Max, $299
- Best for 18-Year-Olds: Timex Weekender Watch, $34
- Best for 19-Year-Olds: Fujifilm Instax Mini 40 Instant Camera, $93
Teens and tweens change with the times, of course, but at a certain level they all love a good DIY kit or comfy hoodie, just like you did. And if you’re hoping to get a little more personal with your gift giving, you don’t need to reinvent the wheel—just go with what you know they’re already interested in. Do you have a gamer in your house? LED string lights and a light-up keyboard are safe, smile-making bets. Know a star athlete? A sporty backpack or field-ready sunglasses are some of the best gifts you’ll find. Supporting a fledgling social media star? Some threads from Urban Outfitters will do the trick.
The next time you’re in the market for the best gifts for teen boys, don’t go it alone; this gift guide is here to help. (Oh, and plenty of these picks also make great gifts for tweens, presents for teenage girls, not to mention gifts for men in general. There’s no age limit on a great watch or pair of shoes, after all.) Stop scrolling through endless pages of Amazon search results—these are the only gifts for teenage boys you need to know about.
All products featured on Glamour are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.